26 May 2014

Make-A-List Monday: Summer!

In the U.S. at least, summer officially begins today, on Memorial Day. Not exactly sure why we decided that the day we honor our fallen soldiers as the day to have a barbecue and go boating, but there it is.

This is what our family does:




No barbecue and boating for us. We especially visit the grave of my grandfather, who served in WWII, Korea and Vietnam. Good man, my Grandad.

I hope you have a lovely Memorial Day, and just like other holidays where there are millions of distractions that diminish the real purpose and meaning of that day, I hope you take a few moments to remember these men and women.

*stepping off my soapbox*

And now let's see how I did on my list from last week:


  • Finish the Flower Sugar econ blocks - a lovely stack o' blocks

  •  
  • Bind pillow shams and throw pillow - need to cut more binding strips, and I kinda need a pillow insert for the throw pillow!



  • Make a Sew Together bag for a super awesome friend



  • Photograph and write tutorial for pillowcases (you ask, I deliver!) - still working on this one!
  • Get started on my Lucy's Crab Shack Weekender (and there will be another tutorial/pointer page for this bag from moi, the self-proclaimed Weekender expert) - got bogged down in Econ blocks

  • This week? The law graduate/bar-prep man is hitting the books harder than ever (12+ hours a day), so I'm going a wee bit crazy. Lucky me, I have an amazing mother-in-law who has offered to take the kids on Wednesday. For the whole day! Y'all, what do I do?

    Here's what I could do:
    • Quilt a quilt, or two (the long-arm is free!)
    • Go back home and work on something - my chair project perhaps?
    • Go sit at a coffee shop, like the hipster I am, and write a novel on my laptop (no, seriously, I am working on one!)
    And here's my week-long list:
    • Finish stage one of the Econ block flimsy (it will need a border after this)
    • Finish my pillowcase tutorial
    • Work on the Lucy Crab Shack Weekender
    • Get my Texas quilt block designed and photographed (the blog hop is coming, y'all!)
    So, tell me what I should do on Wednesday! Quilt, sew, or write?

    1 comment:

    1. I totally agree with you about memorial day. We took our kids to the local cemetery to find the oldest veteran there. We found two that served in the War of 1812. As far as your Wednesday, do what relaxes you and makes you happy. You could also do half of what you want to do and half of what you should do so you're relaxed and accomplished.

      ReplyDelete

    "The more things you do, the more you can do."

    Lucille Ball