16 May 2014

Friday Finish, episode 1: The Scrumptious Trip


If happy girls are the prettiest, than this quilt is a happy girl. Because she is some kind of gorgeous.


I know, you're thinking, "Wow, Jen, brag much?" But I'll be the first to tell you I have the cutest kids, the smartest husband and the best friends,and I love this quilt almost as much as I love my kids, husband and friends. She makes me happy. Not nearly as much as my little peanuts, but pretty happy.


Bound in the awesome red bias stripe. Ready for my bed, to join the pillowcases and shams and throw pillow I've made. My bed is actually going to match. Intentionally. For the first time in 13 years! It's a miracle!


Good thing the law student 1) is studying for the bar and perhaps won't notice the bedroom linen coup I just completed and 2) doesn't really care what the quilt looks like as long as it's warm and he can hog most of it.

Linking up! And I think I'll enter her in the Blogger's Quilt Festival. There's no big lesson, or deep meaning in this quilt. I made it on my much needed retreat this winter.

I did have to do some finangling to make eight extra blocks, but no biggie. The challenge came when I quilted it the first time. Serious tension issues, and it was on my birthday. Miserable me! So I picked it all out, had to replace a few blocks, and all was well! I quilted it on my sis-in-law's longarm in an allover, loopy with some big flowers. No tension issues! Hooray.

As this quilt is 384" around (96X96), I'd say she qualifies for the Large Quilt category. Join in the fun. Vote. Pick me! I never win these things, but it's okay. It's fun to find more inspiration for more beautiful quilts.

Oh, and crossing this one off the 2QFAL list. One down, eleventy billion to go!

23 comments:

  1. I adore this! This is one of my favorite lines by my absolute favorite designer. I am not usually a fan of the trip quilts but this looks great - maybe it is the fabric and your great layout combined.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Gorgeous quilt, and gorgeous photos. Plus, I LOVE the pages at the top of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a happy, happy quilt - love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so adorable, love, love love it, I want to make one!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! A wonderful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is indeed very very "happy". :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jennie, this is SO beautiful! I actually saw it when I was browsing the blogger's quilt festival, and was like "Oh this looks like a quilt I want to see" and clicked back to your page! It just blows me away. I love the white in between the blocks. I want this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful trip! I love the white squares, bringing it all together. How'd you do that?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful colours and it will look amazing with all your matching linen in your bedroom. A very happy quilt indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is one amazing quilt. I love the colours and design so much . I've been debating about doing a scrappy trip quilt and I think seeing yours may have just given me the push to forge ahead.

    Good Luck with the voting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful!! I love Scrumptious and have been dying to make a Scrappy Trip quilt myself. Love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yep. She must be very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty! That is definitely a happy quilt I'd love to have on my bed:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a gorgeous quilt - really love the fresh colours!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great colours! No wonder she makes you happy :).

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on your nomination too :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful, beautiful, pretty and happy Jen! Love scrappy trip quilts with a unifying feature like the white centres.

    ReplyDelete

"The more things you do, the more you can do."

Lucille Ball